All times are UTC

Post subject: Saturn nose cone
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:22 pm 

Name:
Has anyone got a knackered nose cone they would be willing to part with. It is only to make sure my radiator will fit under the real nose cone when I order it. Not bothered if it has hug holes etc lol.

Thanks

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am 

Name:
Quote:
Has anyone got a knackered nose cone they would be willing to part with. It is only to make sure my radiator will fit under the real nose cone when I order it. Not bothered if it has hug holes etc lol.

Thanks

David
It would be a good idea to have a nosecone and scuttle kicking around on the forum for mock up. The proper bodywork is the last thing you really want rolling about the workshp untill you need it. Might be an idea to tap spud up for some reject stuff. I woul chuck a few quid in the pot towards it.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 pm 

Name:
Would it not be easier to produce a drawing that shows where the lower mounts should be to clear 'all' current nose cones but then that means getting them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:54 pm 

Name:
I tried that phil, but with all the different sizes of rad folks are using its a bit hard cos some mounts will go foward further than others. My rad mounts for example had to be within 2mm of the bottom of the nosecone to allow clearance for the outlet hose against the front frame member. Much easier to work it out in situ

However if someone could be arsed with measuring absolute cleances from inside of nose to the front frame that would help alot of folk. I for one cant be, its too much chew