All times are UTC

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Quote:
The trouble with the open forum is if someone has a beef with a supplier they can in seconds start a bitch fest. This is unfair on the supplier. if you dont allow an open forum the supplier can shaft the customer. I know it sounds silly but a star rating could be introduced adjacent to the suppliers name in the section which only a customer thats happy can put there. Allowing a black star if unhappy that a mod can remove if he thinks its a bit rash. more work for the mods but it would work in the same way ebay do the feedback. Or have a seperate feedback section for each supplier like ebay. Comments being removed if problems resolved.

just thoughts.

Bob
I think a separate 'supplier feedback and queries' section could work, Have the traders section non reply so that the traders can create the ads as fancy and uncluttered as possible and the feedback section to post experiences, queries about alternative products etc which as you say could be moderated to make sure it only includes constructive material.

Just thoughts, feel free to tell me to stop yapping :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 am 
Site Moderator

Quote:
Like a fool, I got dragged into it all by committing the grand crime of trying to defend the books author & the reputation of Haynes.
I'll be the first one to admit, I got very vocal at times ( Read: OTT ) but that was just down to my sheer passion for the Haynes Roadster scene.
I think what I've observed is people letting the love of the scene cloud their judgement of a company's actions/inactions

Not you Ronnie, but recent events

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm 

Name:
Interesting discussion - like Bruce has commented I had also thought 'what is Ben's link to Equinox'. Like Bruce, absolutely no offence intended by that, but when spending money on the basis of peoples recommendations it's always good to know who is fully involved in what so you can make a clear decision...

I only decided to build a kitcar 6 months ago or so, but in the last few months i've realised that a lot of the industry is running on a knife edge with what i'd think of as cottage industry effectively keeping a lot of us going. Obviously we need to be thankful that those people are there doing so, but I think we also need to be able to be honest and cautious about where we spend our money.

Personally I applaud everyone who is operating on the supplier side- it can't be easy and if they weren't doing it then we wouldn't be building our cars. I hope there continues to be somewhere I can access rounded feedback on individual suppliers so I can make as informed a choice as possible...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm 
Site Moderator

Quote:
Interesting discussion - like Bruce has commented I had also thought 'what is Ben's link to Equinox'. Like Bruce, absolutely no offence intended by that, but when spending money on the basis of peoples recommendations it's always good to know who is fully involved in what so you can make a clear decision...

I hope there continues to be somewhere I can access rounded feedback on individual suppliers so I can make as informed a choice as possible...
Ben, maybe you should give yourself a title (PR / Marketing Manager?) :lol:

John, Ronnie's working really hard to create an alternative forum here to run in addition to the official Haynes forum, the difference is Ronnie wants it to reflect what the members want and to be open and freindly, we're allowed to speak without oppression so feel free to add any thoughts :D

Bruce