All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm 
Site Moderator

Name:
Here Here Ben

Ben Feel free to showcase the full range of bodywork available for the Haynes Roadster. :)

Ronnie :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm 

Name:
Ok I'll put some pictures up later. Will be picking up my bodywork this weekend hopefully so I can send lots more.

He's started a Xmas special which has brought down his prices. There's a good few kits gone out now and all very positive reviews.

http://www.equinoxproducts.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Quote:
Ok I'll put some pictures up later. Will be picking up my bodywork this weekend hopefully so I can send lots more.

He's started a Xmas special which has brought down his prices. There's a good few kits gone out now and all very positive reviews.

Ben, please don't take this as criticism but I think it would be good for people to understand your relationship with equinox, you seem to run the Equinox Facebook feed as well as promoting Equinox on your own behalf on the forums.

The products look fantastic and I don't see any problem's either if your part of the company or not, but peeps like to know these things.

Anyway, look forward to seeing a showcase of what's on offer, and if you quick you'l be top of the list :D :D :D

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 pm 

Name:
Hi Bruce,

Just friend with Dave, i pop in now and again to see whats what. Helped him set up the facebook page (as i seem to spend all my free time on there lol) Give him advice on what things to make to try and sell.

Dont receive any money or free bee's just think his products are the best but his advertising sucks :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Hi Ben, the pics are looking really nice, I'm really liking the equinox pics, I've a long way to go before I need some but definitely impressed :)

Just a couple of thoughts for you and Ronnie (+ ev else), would you prefer Ronnie to move it over into traders? And if traders create ads in that section is it an idea to have them non reply-able. I only say this so that the ads are not detracted from by loads of comments, on the other hand it stops people asking questions about alternatives etc which can be good advertising in itself.

Ronnie, can traders decide if to accept replies for themselves on a post by post basis or is that a proper pain?

Hope you didn't think I was being funny asking the question about you and equinox, its just there's a pretty much blank canvas here for traders to create presentations and it seems a shame for anyone to miss it or not make the most out of it.

Cheers Ben

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 am 

Name:
Hi Bruce.

I'll do a separate post in traders. With website links etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 am 
Site Moderator

Name:
Quote:
Hi Ben, the pics are looking really nice, I'm really liking the equinox pics, I've a long way to go before I need some but definitely impressed :)

Just a couple of thoughts for you and Ronnie (+ ev else), would you prefer Ronnie to move it over into traders? And if traders create ads in that section is it an idea to have them non reply-able. I only say this so that the ads are not detracted from by loads of comments, on the other hand it stops people asking questions about alternatives etc which can be good advertising in itself.

Ronnie, can traders decide if to accept replies for themselves on a post by post basis or is that a proper pain?

Hope you didn't think I was being funny asking the question about you and equinox, its just there's a pretty much blank canvas here for traders to create presentations and it seems a shame for anyone to miss it or not make the most out of it.

Cheers Ben

Bruce
Hi Bruce

Agreed

Funny you should bring that up :)

Jason ( Junior ) did bring this subject up the other night whilst we were bouncing ideas for the forum about.

His view was that Perhaps the traders section should have the reply feature locked & a new category created, something on the lines of Trader recommendations.
This new section could the place where members could give an account of their experience ( Quality of goods, customer service & the likes )

I would like all traders to feel free to advertise their goods & services ( Provided they are relevant to the Haynes Roadster )

In the same token, I would like forum members to feel they have the freedom to recommend a particular supplier because they have had a good experience.

Sadly the above is not true on the Haynes forum, it's become very political & folk prefer not to voice a view in fear of rocking the boat.

Hope Phil does not mind me saying this, Talon is a prime example.

Phil has sold a good deal of parts to the Haynes Roadster community & must have a shed load of happy customers.
Yet it is rare to see someone on the Haynes forum singing Talon's praises. I guess members just don't want to get shouted down or dragged into a forum traders feud. :cry:

Got to say it, Phil must think, Why the f**k do I bother ? ( I know I would )

I'm sure that everyone will agree, all we want is a forum free of politics & petty back biting.

Still a fair bit to do on this forum but its geting there slowly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 am 

Name:
You'll certainly come back as the Rolls Royce of hammers in a next life Ronnie - hit the nail on the head every time.

Haynes went through a long period of a lot of "political posts" and double / treble identities and at times was a dread just hitting the new posts button. You're an honest bloke and we can trust you wont let it happen to your baby.

Cheers......Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am 

Name:
The trouble with the open forum is if someone has a beef with a supplier they can in seconds start a bitch fest. This is unfair on the supplier. if you dont allow an open forum the supplier can shaft the customer. I know it sounds silly but a star rating could be introduced adjacent to the suppliers name in the section which only a customer thats happy can put there. Allowing a black star if unhappy that a mod can remove if he thinks its a bit rash. more work for the mods but it would work in the same way ebay do the feedback. Or have a seperate feedback section for each supplier like ebay. Comments being removed if problems resolved.

just thoughts.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 am 
Site Moderator

Name:
Quote:

Haynes went through a long period of a lot of "political posts" and double / treble identities and at times was a dread just hitting the new posts button. You're an honest bloke and we can trust you wont let it happen to your baby.

Cheers......Andy

That's when I fell out of love with the Haynes forum Andy.

It used to cheer me up no end & was the inspiration that kept me going, slowly plugging away at my own build.
When all the feuding started it got to the stage where I would log on, read a few posts, get depressed & log out again.

Like a fool, I got dragged into it all by committing the grand crime of trying to defend the books author & the reputation of Haynes.
I'll be the first one to admit, I got very vocal at times ( Read: OTT ) but that was just down to my sheer passion for the Haynes Roadster scene.

What hurt the most was the lack of support from Haynes admin & some of the then moderators, only one of them had any real desire to resolve the issues slowly destroying the forum ( Poor bugger was alone, both hands tied behind his back & absolutely no support from the sites owner )

Personally I would love to see the Haynes forum back to it's former glory, sadly I don't think this will happen any time soon whilst the current spam issue remains unresolved & Ignored. :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next