All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 am 

Name:
hi, well im most definately getting the kit, but am pretty sure i will now get a entirely orange bodywork done, but before i commit myself i just wndered if handyandy or spud69 had pics of their bodywork so i can see it for one last time befor i order, as i wanted a really bright orange, kinda like the orange that ive seen on the ford focus many times (http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/pics/news/ ... 2005-L.jpg) also do most people just get black aeroscreens as im wondering if i should get an orange aeroscreen as well. Thanks! (on another note, should have a rolling chassis by end of next week at the latest hopefully :D )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:03 am 

Name:
Hi, glad you found this forum, if you hang on a few minutes i can post up a couple of photos for you, one with both mine & spud,s car together.
personally i would go for black wings with a black aeroscreen as it,ll give a nice contrast with the orange, i may yet have my wings painted before i fit them.
would you like the photos?

well done on your build, its fantastic progress, & i thought my build was quick :shock: 8-)

andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 am 

Name:
That would be great if you could get the photos. im still half and half about getting black wings as i think black wings and black aeroscreen would look great, but then again, i might love all orange. I will have spent £2400 roughly once ive bought fabby body kit, and thst will include everything to get the car rolling, aprt from shocks which i am yet to buy. i have made most of the wishbones now, but am awaiting delivery of the plates for the front lower ones. :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:11 am 

Name:
here ya go, something to confirm that its a great colour, i too like the ford focus orange but i believe that has a pearl effect in it, but the colours are very similar in the flesh.

hope they help.
cheers
andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 am 

Name:
i thought the ford focus had a pearl effect as well, but i just loved that shade of orange. I think ill be going all orange with a black aeroscreen , as that pic has juct been the convincer for me :D, although in the second pic the orange looks pretty dull, but the first one is brill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:18 am 

Name:
here,s 1 more, from the side.

made your mind up yet? :D

andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:21 am 

Name:
yep, even better :D :D , orange all the way. also ive always wondered why there are those black patches on the rear arches as ive never got wht there there.(probably me being stupid :) ) also, loving the makeshift seat :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 am 

Name:
like i said, "in the flesh" the colour is VERY bright, that second pic is half in the shade of my garage & the sun was very bright on the bodywork & my camera isn,t the best , so please believe that the orange looks great. 8-) 8-)

cheers
andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:25 am 
Site Moderator

Name:
Hi Geeman, glad you found your way here :D :D

That colour Orange is stunning & even better when seen in the flesh ;)

I doubt you will get a much closer match to the Ford colour that you mention.

Well done on your progress. :D :D

Ronnie :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 am 

Name:
the black bits on the rear wings are stone guards, to stop stones damaging the bodywork from being kicked up by the fronts wheels. ;)

hey my seat is cool, the perfect height too :lol: :lol:

my car now has engine & gearbox in, hopefully putting fuel & brake pipes in this week.
total cost so far is about £1500. 8-) 8-)

andy