All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 pm 

Name:
Quote:
Good point Ronnie, Phil why not put something together for the traders section, nothing to lose, its free :)
All of my advertising over the past 3 months has been cost free and still nobody wants it. I had front and rear wishbones for sale at £75 each end and they did not sell, I had £1200 worth of package which contained the chassis,wishbone,upright and bushes knocked down to £970 and guess what?
Quote:
Phil has sold a good deal of parts to the Haynes Roadster community & must have a shed load of happy customers.
Yet it is rare to see someone on the Haynes forum singing Talon's praises.

Got to say it, Phil must think, Why the f**k do I bother ? ( I know I would )
Funnily enough I've come to the same conclusion this month too so I'm not going to bother to do any thing un till Feb 2013, new year a new Talon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 am 

Name:
Not so sure the free advertising is the way to go. The kit car shows are a good place to go to display your goods, at least all that attend are spanner jockeys. I only stumbled across the haynes because i was in a cafe which was at a set of traffic lights , one stopped just as I walked out the door. It had a haynes roadster type sticker on the back so i did some research.
I was not looking in particular for a 7 kit but sort of got drawn in from the forum. There is very little in the way of product awareness for the haynes but that could be changed with a bit more presence at some of the shows . A borrowed finished car,some flyers and some of your chassis products and you would have all thats needed to promote the product. Rob bud from eagle cars always borrowed a customers car for the shows.Rob always took deposits at the shows and got sales for months after from the flyers. Its all a bit more effort but worth it.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 am 

Name:
I would go to a kit car show as well. If you offer a decent package (which you always do) people will probably sign up there and then. Even better if you have a demonstrator to scare people with in the car park.

Lots of people know about gbs but not many know about Haynes IMO.

Phone gilham and offer full chassis for him. They only do flat pack so you have the monopoly of the market now.

David