All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:32 pm 

Name: sonny
Hi all,

my name is Sonny, beamer to all my friends (Don't ask! It's a long story and you had to be there to understand it in even the smallest of ways!!)

I originally was building a Locost from the Ron champion book with a design change to an IRS rear set up, i built it a bit longer and a bit wider (4" each way iirc) and i found Fiberglass body from a westfield Seight which fitted surprising well. But a coupe things needed adjusting and i found that the steel i was supplied was 18 gauge not 16 and EWS not CDS, a mistake on my behalf for not checking what my local steel yard supplied.....

So it got cut up and weighed in about 12 years ago, i kept the westfield body but gave away all the running gear inc a 7" LSD, Shafts, Hubs, Discs, Etc.......

it's been in the back of my mind to build another one ever since and a big regret, So I've started to look into acquiring all the bits i gave away!, WOW how much are they now!!! but i have most of what i need all i need to start thinking about it is a new version of the book,....

I fancy looking at the Gibbs version rather than modifying the Champion one, even though it'll have my own twist to it. But can i find one anywhere!!! NOPE.

Is anyone selling one on here?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:36 pm 

Name: Gary
hi Sonny, welcome to the mad house and good luck with the build, what running gear are you planning to use? Put a wanted ad on locostbuilders as well for a copy of the book
all the best Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:36 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
Hi sonny welcome look forward to seeing you progress if you are struggling to find a copy of the gibbs book I have one i can lend somewhere for the duration of your build just shout and I will get it in the post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:02 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Welcome Sonny, welcome aboard! I didn't realised how scarce the Chris Gibbs book has become, I just did a search and also came up almost dry although I found a couple of links upwards of £50 :shock: Looking at completed listings on fleebay there has been about 15 sold since Feb at reasonable prices so they are coming up, I guess its just a case of keeping an eye out for them.

Look forward to seeing what your building.

Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:11 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
I do have 2 copies of the book so if you want the garage copy you are welcome to it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:02 pm 

Name:
If I remember correctly you can down load the book for free from some where, I'll go and have a hunt around in the back of tinternet cupboard.....
A new copy on Amazon brand new is £190 WTAF!!!!!!!!

Right found a downloadable copy how ever I take no responsibility for any thing nasty you may down load.
https://en.usenet.nl/?utm_campaign=4358 ... edium=AFSI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:35 am 

Quote:
I do have 2 copies of the book so if you want the garage copy you are welcome to it
Cool, if they are the latter Gibb's book with the yellow and red car on the front let me know how much you want for it plus postage....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:39 am 

Quote:
If I remember correctly you can down load the book for free from some where, I'll go and have a hunt around in the back of tinternet cupboard.....
A new copy on Amazon brand new is £190 WTAF!!!!!!!!

I know crazy money and i bet Chris only gets a little royalty from that and nothing from the flee-bay second hand ones..

Right found a downloadable copy how ever I take no responsibility for any thing nasty you may down load.
https://en.usenet.nl/?utm_campaign=4358 ... edium=AFSI
Thanks, had a look at it but usenet want too many details from me for a 14 day supposedly easy cancel-able account, not sure if i want to risk that....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:43 am 

Quote:
hi Sonny, welcome to the mad house and good luck with the build, what running gear are you planning to use? Put a wanted ad on locostbuilders as well for a copy of the book
all the best Gary
i'm thinking of going down the same road i did before with the sierra LSD, vaux 2ltr XE ish, manta 5 speed box. All of which i have sat at home.......Or something else that is lurking in the darker corner of my brain...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:24 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
There is a little something in your email inbox, its an early version so be sure to check the amendments and extra guides :ugeek:

Ps dont reply to that email address, I only use it for the storage.