All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:22 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
All i could do is to supply panels and then pull 6 inches extra from the centre parts of the moulds for you to cut and shut yourself on the car send me details of what you are wanting and i will see what i can do

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm 

Name: Andy
Quote:
All i could do is to supply panels and then pull 6 inches extra from the centre parts of the moulds for you to cut and shut yourself on the car send me details of what you are wanting and i will see what i can do
Hi Vmax

that is exactly what I was wanting, will send details,
thanks Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 am 

Name:
Andy can I ask why you want a cockpit that much wider is it to fit bigger seats or do you have my problem with budget airline seats too? If you only make the cockpit wider you can still keep the front section standard and just flare the sides. Other people have talked about making a wide chassis and they all come to the same conclusions 'I need a wider chassis which means longer drive shafts they are £150ish each and wider GRP'...end of thought and project. I how ever approached this from another point of view why do the rear arches need to be so wide, what off set rims can I fit to Ford-Mazda PDC and whats wrong with an ali/steel rear tub....
I've been playing with this idea for about 5-6 years I've done 80% of the work to produce it but nobody has ever shown enough interest in paying a deposit, if you are interested in having the first one contact me part with some folding and I'll get the ball or should I say chassis rolling.........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm 

Quote:
Andy can I ask why you want a cockpit that much wider is it to fit bigger seats or do you have my problem with budget airline seats too? If you only make the cockpit wider you can still keep the front section standard and just flare the sides. Other people have talked about making a wide chassis and they all come to the same conclusions 'I need a wider chassis which means longer drive shafts they are £150ish each and wider GRP'...end of thought and project. I how ever approached this from another point of view why do the rear arches need to be so wide, what off set rims can I fit to Ford-Mazda PDC and whats wrong with an ali/steel rear tub....
I've been playing with this idea for about 5-6 years I've done 80% of the work to produce it but nobody has ever shown enough interest in paying a deposit, if you are interested in having the first one contact me part with some folding and I'll get the ball or should I say chassis rolling.........
hi

I am of the same view the rear arches would stand narrowing by 3 or 4 inches each side allowing the cockpit sides to go out more, I am 6'5" and stocky I feel I need a bit more room, I sat in a rush at the weekend my knees were hard against the steering wheel and had to take my shoes off to get my feet in the foot wells, cant see me wanting to put up with that for long, so an extra 6" in length in the cockpit would go down well with me too,
I was thinking of leaving the nose cone as it is then pulling out the back of the cockpit out by 3" or so each side but the down side to that is the front bulkhead will only go out less than an inch and a half, not much use for my size thirteens :o :o so I might have to curve the sides a bit to widen up around the pedal box area, if I could get the sides out 3" each side and the transmission tunnel a couple of inches wider too then I think it would create a bit of space, was thinking about splitting the bonnet from the back edge in the middle to almost the front edge and then spreading it the required amount and glassing a new section in, the cut the scuttle in half pull it out till it matches the bonnet and glass a section in that and the same with the rear,
clearly the chassis top rails will need to come out the same amount but all the suspension pick up points can remain where they are ,

I have just ordered a set of panels to play with, will sort the shape of the body out first as the shape is critical to something look good or crap, once I am happy with the shape/size I will them move on to the chassis if I am happy with the Frankenstein I have created :shock: :shock: :shock:

anyway I am sure I will be in touch wanting something
thanks Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:53 pm 

Name:
You don't need to do any thing to the standard bonnet or scuttle I have a way of making both the foot wells wider and hiding the extra width of the cockpit with out moving the top rails, like I said I've been putting some thought into this for quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:04 pm 

Quote:
You don't need to do any thing to the standard bonnet or scuttle I have a way of making both the foot wells wider and hiding the extra width of the cockpit with out moving the top rails, like I said I've been putting some thought into this for quite some time.
I am all ears with anything you want to share :) :) :) :)