All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Mock up mule chassis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:03 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
Lol let me know when you want to add bodywork so it will look the part when you go vroom vroom for real am sure the usaf wont mind shipping it states side for you lol

by the way were you not interested in this one https://haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread. ... post103197

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:56 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Quote:
Hope bruce doesn't mind me jumping in with my words of wisdom
Not a problem Dave, you were echoing my sentiments earlier in the thread.
Quote:
Can I at least sit in it, make "Vroom Vroom" noises and PRETEND that it has a fire breathing 225 cubic inch "Leaning Tower of Power" tearing up dragstrips and autocross courses?
Sorry did no one explain the rules Rob, sitting in it making vroom vroom noises is a requirement, not an option! You get bonus builder points for video evidence :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 am 

Name: Rob Simmons
Hey Dave,

As long as "The Mule" remains just "The Mule" I could probably pass it off as a strange bed frame or set of kid's monkey bars... I'll probably throw some paint on it first. ;) Our shipping allowances are by weight, not dimensions, so I should be good with another 50 pounds. :lol:

I haven't checked Haynes forum. Now I feel bad for not responding to John! :oops:
There are so many different Locost Forums I can't keep up with them all! :shock:
I'll reply to his post right away.

Bruce,

I'm glad you clarified the rules for me. I was concerned that I would not be allowed to do the "Vroom Vroom" thing if "The Mule" wasn't intended to be completed. I didn't see you post a photo of yourself in it... :o

I can use all the bonus builder points I can get, so I'll definitely post a video. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:34 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi Rob, sorry its taken so long, its been a busy week. I have sent my version of the chassis top and bottom over to your email address, let me know if you can read them better, any questions feel free to give me a shout.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am 

Thanks Bruce! I was just printing them. Perfect!

You had mentioned several changes you'd made.These are the dimensions of the Mule as it sits. correct?

Now I just need to convert everything over to the silly US inches... :lol:

I am in the process of putting together a trip to the UK. It is shaping up to be quite the road trip!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:25 pm 
Site Moderator

The mule should fairly closely match the drawings, by that I mean the drawings were derived from the mule, but I certainly wasn't mm perfect with the placement of some bits, you have to remember it was just a 3 dimensional guide to how things would fit together and how to modify the book plans to suit my own needs, there may have also been the odd piece that was kind of in an ok position on the mule but would have benefited from an extra 10mm for so I may have just made a note and modified that on the drawing, its been a while and cant completely remember.

The trans tunnel is specifically measured up for the box that I currently have, I have never tested that box and the native manual boxes for those are rare and expensive, I'm still considering getting one or gearbox adapters adapters to give me a wider choice of boxes in case the one I have is duff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw= ... 0&_sacat=0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm 

Very cool.

My UK Road Trip is starting to come together. I'll let you know more as it starts to solidify.

When I stop by to pick up the Mule I may just have another item or two along in tow... ;)

More to follow. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:55 am 

Hey Bruce,

What does the timeframe of 8-11 April look like for you? I am hoping to make my "UK Road Trip" then with a stop by your place to pick up The Mule. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:22 pm 
Site Moderator

I'm busy on the 9th but can be here on the 8th, 10th or 11th, woiuld be good to meet but if the only day you can do is the 9th then I can arrange for someone else to be here for you, let me know when you narrowed it down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:37 am 

I'm hoping to make it to Skegness to pick up a trailer on the 8th and then up to near Manchester for,... something to go on the trailer... ;)

That may take the better part of the 9th, so I can plan to start heading back your way that evening and then meet up with you on the 10th on my way back to Germany.

I think that will work. Getting excited.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next