All times are UTC

Post subject: Sierra Running Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm 

Name:
Hi all,

I am in the process of building my Roadster and have been sourcing parts for a few months.

It so happened that I was offered an MX5 the other day and after a bit of soul searching decided to alter my build to use that rather than the "book" Ford Sierra running gear.

So this lot is up for sale, with a pair of mushroom inserts for the front uprights included.

I will not split this lot.

Below follows a bit of info on each of the items most of which came of a "D" reg 2.0 Sapphire.

Front Hubs (uprights): Will come with fabricated mushroom inserts for the caster adjustment. Bearings are free. This is the only reason I did not put them in the electrolysis bath to clean them up. I was going to just brush and paint.

Diff: From the above car. I have got a spare cover for it. All freely rotating.

Driveshafts: The CV joints seem ok, but one does need a new gaiter. They need some elbow grease.

Steering column: Off a Sierra, but not sure which one. Switches are the "newer" type. All universal joints good. Steering lock present, but no key.

Rear Drums: Cleaned and painted complete with backplates and a set of ok shoes & springs. No cylinder.

I hope I have described everything clearly, but if you have any questions, please ask away.

Cash on collection would be the ideal as this lot is quite heavy. If this is not an option, I have no problem putting it all in a big box and you may arrange your own courier.

Some pics here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291008792619? ... 1555.l2649

This lot owes me about £145. If I can help one of you out, I will at £115 (Don't make the offer in ebay, It'll automatically refuse you.

Thanks
Dave

Post subject: Re: Sierra Running Gear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:00 am 

Name:
Hi Dave,
Before ebay i would have tried the Haynes forum and Locost Builders to avoid paying commission to ebay/paypal.

Good luck with your build.