All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm 

Name:
Quote:
I will make a set up this week use them then pass them on
It would be an idea to have a small package for the home builder. I can donate a metal cutting chop saw for the forum use, Its nothing fancy but will cut anything on the roadster. Will take a picture if it.It might be an idea not to let the stuff go to anyone with under a certain amount of posts just to make sure they are genuine.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Sounds interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm 

Name:
Quote:
Sounds interesting!
Its all a head start for fellow builders so it cant be a bad thing. The jigs for the bones are a few hours off the build time for the sake of a bit of p+p. Thinking about it I have a spare minimig as well , that and the chop saw together might need a refundable deposit just to stop it going walkabouts :idea:

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 am 

Name:
I don't have a build table as such but have two sheets of 20mm Mdf topped with a sheet of 16swg steel which has a laser etched profile of the bottom of the chassis on it and some brackets,if any body would like to use it and pass it on I would be more than happy to let it go.its 2500 x 1250 I will try post a pic later

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Site Moderator

Quote:
I don't have a build table as such but have two sheets of 20mm Mdf topped with a sheet of 16swg steel which has a laser etched profile of the bottom of the chassis on it and some brackets,if any body would like to use it and pass it on I would be more than happy to let it go.its 2500 x 1250 I will try post a pic later

Rich, I'm hoping to start my chassis in the spring so if no one else wants to use it before then I'l gladly relieve you :)

Bruce

OMG that sounds so wrong :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm 

Name:
Hi bruce here's the pic it has a bit of surface rust but lines are still there ,you or anyone are welcome to use it.

Might be worth checking dims first I'm sure there ok but don't want to see cars crabing down the road on my account.

Still can't get my pics to fit or is it just my browser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm 

Name:
The jigs in the book are crap as you can only weld one side before having to remove the wishbone to weld the other side with out it being held by the jig. I'll draw up my version which are easy to make and use , I'll be back.....

This is one jig that does all the bones which is made to the outer dims of the lower rear wishbone, make it from 25x25 box section you will also need about 500mm of 20x20 to use as bush tube clamping bars. The bars that make the jig shorter just heavy tack in place. This jig needs to be used on a flat surface which if it happens to be sheet steel will make it a lot easier but not essential. The clamping bars shown in red need to be held in place with G clamps. This can be turned over once one side has been welded and every thing is still clamped in place then fully welded. If this makes sod all sense I'll do a proper version in full english tomorrow.

Last edited by Talon-Phil on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm 
Site Moderator

Rich, PM sent over.

The pic shows up fine on mine (chrome). But I remember Ronnie mentioning something about getting images to display properly in all browsers so wouldn't worry too much as I think its a forum tweak in progress than your setup :)

Bruce

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 pm 
Site Moderator

Quote:
The jigs in the book are crap as you can only weld one side before having to remove the wishbone then welding the other side with out it being held by the jig. I'll draw up my version which are easy to make and use , I'll be back.....
Hasta la vista, baby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 pm 

Name:
I used phils idea to make my front upper wishbones(cortina uprights) and it works well and is easy to make .