All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm 

Name:
Kinell Bruce :shock: . Its in there :D I bet that took some grunting. :lol: . Best way , at least you can assess what needs chopping about.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:51 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Quote:
Kinell Bruce :shock: . Its in there :D I bet that took some grunting. :lol: . Best way , at least you can assess what needs chopping about.

Bob
Quite a bit needs chopping Bob :lol:

Due to the width accross the heads of the M60 it was going to need to go too far back in the standard width chassis which would have pushed the pedal box back disproportionally with regards to the steering wheel so the decision was made to go 4" (100mm) wider, this will of course mean widening any standard body work but needs must . . .

Dont have a pic of the lump back in the chassis yet but it does fit a lot better, still tight around the pedal area but looks much more promising, still got to rework the tunnel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:51 am 

Name:
:o :o The mule has got fat :lol: :lol: . Clearly states in the book that most of it is a guide so if it needs to be fatter so be it. The westfield nose cone is 2" wider so that might be an option.

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:58 am 

Name:
The mule is looking good Bruce. Good to meet up with you the other day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm 
Site Moderator

Cheers Chris :D

I have been making progress with it as and when time/kids/weather coincide to let me :? Most of the tunnel is modified and back in and the bulkhead area is almost done, I need to pull the engine back out again to do a few more bits then I'l post a bunch of pics up for scrutiny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 am 

Name:
Anyway how was Blackpool :?:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 am 
Site Moderator

Quote:
Anyway how was Blackpool :?:
Blackpool in its day was probably a fantastic place to go, unfortunately it seems to be mostly run down and tired, all along the seafront was mostly cheapo tat shops, closed down hotels, or take away's. The pier's offered the predictable amusement arcades and overly expensive fairground rides. I try to only spend a limited amount of time in these places and I think an inspired rejuvenation project with some imagination thrown in could liven it up a lot.

That said we had a great time, we filled our days with the Blackpool Tower, the Dungeon Experience, the Sea Life center (we end up in one of these everywhere we go lol), Madam Tussauds, the Sandcastle Waterpark (spent an entire day in there), the Blackpool Leisure Beach and Nickelodeon Land (one day isn't enough in there). Other things the kids enjoyed were simple things like parking up at Blackpool airport and watching the planes and helicopters come and go and riding around on the tram.

The caravan park was a few mile outside of Blackpool itself in Thornton, a small and very quiet park, mostly filled with seasonal vans so not many people there, really nicely kept and a little park for the kids to play in, it was a bargain at £123 for 7 nights for the pitch. It was close to the river Wyre and we had a long walk around the marshlands on the last day.

I had a couple of mechanical issues, ironically enough having never used it before this was the first year I didn't include breakdown cover with the car insurance, I had planned to get it separately but didn't get round to it before we went. The fan belt semi shredded itself across its width halfway up there, luckily the remainder held out and I found a Euro Car Pars up there and got a replacement. Also my troublesome clutch issues returned after a long break, basically it smells of burning rubber when it gets hot, I'm fairly sure its a contamination issue as there's no slipping so either slave cylinder, crank seal or spigot seal, I have a complete low mileage second hand replacement plus new slave cylinder sitting here to replace it with but its just finding a convenient time to take it off the road, first priority of the school summer holidays me thinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm 
Site Moderator

Well after what seems ages I finally got some time to get some more done, the engine's in fairly close to its final position now and I seem to have clearance around it. The welding and the joint formation s have literally just been chucked in with no cleaning etc but it should suffice for mock up and getting measurements for a revised drawing of the final chassis.

The standard alternator fits in now which is a bonus.

After making the whole thing 100m wider I didnt end up having to move the bulhead back, just modify the middle and nearside parts.

I will have to make a bulge/corner section in the tunnel panelling on both sides to accomodate the starter bulges.

I think there should be enough room for my little feet lol

Still going to need a decent bonnet bulge.

Will end up with about 60mm underhang on the box :shock: might be able to grind 10mm off that though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:36 pm 

Name:
That looks like it was worth the effort there Bruce, snug yes but more than doable. you have more than enough pedal room and that looks like its going to fit under the standard height scuttle. What was the last word in plus width and plus length over book?

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm 
Site Moderator

definitely worth it Bob, ended up just going 100mm wider, all other changes were internal. Without the mule I think I may have hit problems all the way through the build.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next