Post subject: Re: DOHC & MT75 build
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Looking forward to the pics :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:12 pm 

Name:
Here's a few of the latest pics, you'll see below I ran the same clips up the side of the driver foot panel to provide bit more stability

I also order some nice little fasteners to finish off my rollbar mounting, not sure if Mr IVA will like them or not? If not then I'll fit some bog std M8 Bolts with covers for IVA then switch out later... but thought it finished the look off with the black anodized washers and black countersunk cap heads... thoughts anyone?

Finally here's the tank in situ, I'll take a few more pics soon as I need to decide where to clamp my fuel pump.

As for the side panel fitting, had a look at Ash's photo blog and Enoch's build on Deepfolly.co.uk and got some more ideas so I think I'll just make my own template up... need to go find a big sheet of card from hobbycraft or something, screwing up on that will be a lot cheaper than me nice new shiny aluminium :)

Getting calipers back this afternoon... need to get carriers cleaned up as well.. lucky there's a little p[aint round the corener so he can grit blast them and give them a quick coat of paint for a tenner and tin or choccy's :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 pm 

Name:
Started cutting one of the panels today, what a flippin nightmare! I made a template, fettled it, remeasured... marked it up on the sheet aluminium and still when I cut it it was out slightly... unbeleivable... maybe I'm just a bit picky but when you sepnd a lot of time checking measuring then it doesn't come out exactly as you want... well basically it sucks! :evil:

Bending it over the top of the chassis rail was a bit tougher than I thought it would be as well, 1.5mm half-hard aluminium... doesn't bend easily! :?

I'll post a couple of pics up tomorrow.

Word of advice if anyone is doing this way... mask your chassis rails and light bracket as I've just scratched all ine taking the panel off... what a plonker!

Not liking this job... be gald when it's done and vinyl wrapped! (I'm sure that'll be a bag of laughs as well :evil: )

Rapid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm 

Name:
Here's a quick pic of the template and first holes cut in the aluminium... these holesaws are awesome... I bought a pack (Hilka) 6 diff hole sizes for £9... bargain

... after I get the cut outs filed down a bit need to find some trim to finish the edges off

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Nice to read your progress Rapid :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:49 pm 

Name:
Re roll bar fasteners

Should be ok as long as they are marked with a tensile strength ie 8.8 or 10.9