Roadster Builders
http://roadster-builders.co.uk/

Johns Roadster
http://roadster-builders.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=283
Page 6 of 6

Author:  jps [ Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Johns Roadster

Had a good day today, my wife cousins boyfriend who is a very good welder came over and did my engine mounts for me. Pics on the blog. So that's everything structural (apart from the top seatbelt mounts) sorted now. Next job will be to get some panelling onto the chassis and the bodywork. Hurrah!!!

Author:  The V8 Files [ Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Johns Roadster

Mounts look tidy :)

Author:  jps [ Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Johns Roadster

Well - it's been a while!
After my last update the rest of '15 and most of '16 was out as I was working on the house, then the garden, then the driveway, endlessly. During spring of 2016 I did manage to get my new garage fitted out - so at least the car had somewhere to go to when I got round to it...!

Nov '16 - I finally got the chassis home, bought some alu sheet - and did some car building again! I also started knocking up an engine stand...

Update with pics here: https://meandthekitcar.wordpress.com/20 ... nd-panels/

Author:  jps [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Johns Roadster

Crikey - where did 10 months go... Well - it was mostly eaten up by having another child. Nonetheless, about 6 weeks ago I fitted the rear bulkhead and the o/s transmission tunnel panel. Last night i fitted the floor, the n/s transmission tunnel panel and the panel that goes across the end of the passenger compartment.

All bonded with Sikaflex 221 and riveted down with 3.2mm rivets spaced 2" apart.

What a job to get done - even the simplest panel - the one at the end of the passenger compartment - has taken hours to complete what with: 1 - making the paper template, 2 - transferring this to the alu, 3 - cutting the alu, 4- trimming it to fit perfectly, 5 - marking up for drilling, 6, drilling the panel in 2mm so I can drill through into the chassis rails, 7 - refitting and drilling into the chassis rails in 2mm - then through again in 3.2mm, 8 - cleaning and prepping for the Sikaflex 9 - applying the Sikaflex and FINALLY 10 - positioning the panel & inserting and pulling the rivets.... And that only had about 25 rivets in it. The rear bulkhead has 96 from memory, the floor panel over a hundred I think - including about 40 that were countersunk (ANOTHER step to the above process) - oh and I forgot all the faff of deburring each one of the holes by hand with a fantastic Noga deburring tool called the Noga RC 1000...

Anyway - all written up with photos here: https://meandthekitcar.wordpress.com/20 ... nelling-1/

Page 6 of 6 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/