All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:14 pm 

Name:
Clever stuff doesn't have to be expensive ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:30 am 

Name:
Rack mounts turned up today. Solid type so no rubber/poly liners needed they just sit on a hard plastic packing piece :)

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:28 pm 

Name:
I have had the scales out and been weighing some engine bits. Engine that being used has been on a diet with lots of ali bits replacing iron stuff like heads , waterpump and lots of other bits. It looks like I have dumped about 100lbs. of iron :) Total drivetrain weight of about 200kg

Weighed a bottom end with all the pushrods, bolts, flywheel, water pump, pulleys and the injection system and it comes out at 277.2lbs the heads are app 60lbs the pair and the clutch 15lbs. So engine weight will be about 350lbs or 158kg

Getrag 265 , bellhousing and starter 89.1lbs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:34 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Hmm, I need to lose a few pounds as well :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:19 pm 

Name:
Well two years of the project being mothballed is long enough, its not really been totally mothballed because I have forced myself to keep playing about with sub assemblies and buying bits. The biggest step forward is an extension on the mancave so I can get these cars on build tables in their own space. I have also gathered up all the bits to assemble a cnc plasma table which is going to need the techy assistance of mod Bruce, way too many brackets and bits to cut with two cars plus a spare chassis so the cnc table will be one of the first things to get up and running. Anyway the mancave shell is up and is now ready for wiring , internal insulation, screed and wiring. With luck in the next few weeks it will be up and functional, its divided into three sections, build room, welding room and an area for general fabrication and spraying.

All second hand sheets and the bigger steels in true locost style.

A bit of led temporary lighting inside so I dont slack at night :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:27 pm 

Name: Gary
Looking good tons of room look forward to seeing updates

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm 

Name: Andy
hi

is this still ongoing ?
it caught my attention as I am playing around with a 302 and a rush chassis, very interested in the weights of the engine and box

cheers andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:01 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
I can say that Bob's project is still live, he does pop in from time to time so will no doubt come back to you with an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 am 

Name:
Quote:
hi

is this still ongoing ?
it caught my attention as I am playing around with a 302 and a rush chassis, very interested in the weights of the engine and box

cheers andy

Yes still on the books Andy :) A massive influx of work has had me doing seven days a week but that is nearly over, shed lining turned up last week so I can get the cave finished and hopefully crack on with the builds . There may even be enough room for Bruce to park his car along side so we can cane him along as well :)

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm 

Name: Andy
Quote:
Quote:
hi

is this still ongoing ?

cheers andy

Yes still on the books Andy :) A massive influx of work has had me doing seven days a week but that is nearly over, shed lining turned up last week so I can get the cave finished and hopefully crack on with the builds . There may even be enough room for Bruce to park his car along side so we can cane him along as well :)

Bob

hi Bob
Glad to hear its still on going, I had my 302 engine and box hanging on the scales complete with ancillaries it weighed 272 kg, does that tie up with what you got ?

then I hung up a rover V8, bare engine with no ancillaries or flywheel came in at 171kg then the r380 box was 61kg plus we need to add a flywheel clutch starter alternator and we are very close to the same weight ??? and the ford engine is a tadge smaller to boot,

where did you get your ally heads from I would like to send mine on a diet ??

oh and where about in the country are you

cheers Andy

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next