All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
 Post subject: Re: hizzis build
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 pm 

Name: richard
welding roll bar up. need to decide where to put the diagonals but i need to figue out what i need to alter to fit vmax bodywork at the back first

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:09 pm 

seats all fitted and the bukhead is in behind them, seat will come out again to panel the tunnels etc but now the runners and floor are drilled for the seats its a two minute job with the battery gun to take them out.Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:11 pm 

replaced the seized alternator as well just need to get a new belt for it, soon need to start looking at the lights and what im going to buy, anyone have any recomendations?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:35 am 

Name: Gary
the lights are actually a very big choice for a number of reasons, first you need to decide on style to go with what is in your mind of the finished cars look, then size as you have to make sure they meet the iva measurements in from the outside (although he never put a ruler near mine) then black of chrome again an aesthetic but it ties in with what YOU want the finished look to be.
I bought chrome 7" ones very happy until they started rusting (they weren't cheap !!!!) then trolling the internet I found 7" stainless ones in the USA shipped for less than the cost of 1 of the chrome ones I already had the light units so just bought the shells, but then I did that origionally to !!
I know that's not much help but google image will let you see how different lights change the apperance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:36 am 

"pictures taken boss, upload some later"

good man lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:39 am 

looking back at your pictures are they JK composites seats ? as I sat in some last week and was really impressed with them, may have to have a wee treat............

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:43 pm 

Quote:
looking back at your pictures are they JK composites seats ? as I sat in some last week and was really impressed with them, may have to have a wee treat............
they came from kitbits direct on ebay, going to buy the padding kit for them at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:49 pm 

so i need iva steering wheel but i intend to fit a small racing wheel after the test so today i drilled the rivets out of the airbag centre for the standard wheel, then unbolted the airbag unit out the frame and refitted the frame into the centre, so standard wheel should be iva compliant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:50 pm 

this means the horn should work as normal too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:56 pm 

done lots of work on the loom today, aftermarket alarm removed and all the bodged wires soldered back together. ecu mounted in passenger footwell, wires run to each corner of the car and engine gearbox loom all connected, collum plugs connected, dash is connected although sitting on the trans tunnel, i can start welding on some bolts at each of the earth points now

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next