All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next
 Post subject: Re: hizzis build
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm 

Name: Gary
Hi those mk2's there isn't a 2003 mk 2.5 amongst them is there, as the power spike that did me in last week has fried my ecu. I've worked backwards hoping that it would be ok but...........

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:00 pm 

Name: richard
there might be, the number plates etc are off them so cannot age them, ecu might be dodgy they are all sitting outside with no roofs so they are full of water.
do you not need to get the ecu/imobilser keys all as one?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 pm 

just checked their website the cars are 03 1.8 , 05 1.8 , 98 1.6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am 

cheers , I will stick with the guy I normally use, if they are open like that and yes I have to get the complete package.... oh fun.....
thanks for checking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:55 pm 

i now have battery light a fuel pump turns out the plugs on the ecu are a bit corroded as the donor footwell was wet. sprayed with some contact cleaner just now and it works. i can see petrol coming shortly even though i really shouldnt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:40 pm 

so today i nipped to the motor factors to get alternator belt and i thought might as well get a timing belt kit as well. so tonight i fitted the timing belt and just as well, the belt has been changed at some point but the tensioner and idler were original and well rough. and i found three broken bolts in the timing cover. fitted it all up ok after a fight getting the crank shaft bolt out, the airgun was on for a while :evil: then i went to fit the alternator belt which i forgot to buy :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:09 pm 

re the alternator belt we have all done that at some point thought oh I need to get ..... and forget the original reason we went there :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:09 pm 

fitted the alternator belt and the air intake setup tonight, need to fugure out some small hoses from the intake side now, i have four small tubes that went to solenoid and canister on the inner wing from the plenum chamber but the book doesnt show where so its down to pictures on the web now.
need to order bits for exhaust next, i reckon if i put fuel in it would start. i have fuel pumps running and it cranks, just need to confirm spark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:46 pm 

bit more tonight, confirmed i have sparks and fuel so hopefully the exhaust parts arrive this week and i can try firing it up.
fill the gearbox and diff with oil, just need to do oil and filter on the engine but im still considering pulling the engine for a clutch change yet. fitted the new handbrake cables and readjusted up the calipers after the rebuilds so brakes all good. nexy headache is the plumbing, look s like i have lost the water hoses and i need to source a suitable header tank and figure out the plumbing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 am 

managed to connect all the water hoses last night, i plan to buy new silicone hoses but for now they are in using cut up mx5 hoses to allow testing and measuring for the silicone hose. although the clutch hydraulics have been in for some time i finally put fluid in last night, god the pedal is heavy, i have used the 0.7 master as described by the saturn plans so i have now ordered a 0.625 to see how that goes, funny that the 0.7 is the same as my landrover so it must miss match with the slave as the pedal geometry is similar so we will see when that arrives. the standard mx5 master wont fit the space as the pipe comes out the side and fouls on the gearbox

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next