All times are UTC

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 pm 

Name:
Somewhere to bitch at suppliers without the thread getting buried. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA :twisted:

Bob :D

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Yay, classifieds sections looking good :)

Ronnie, I reckon section wise it close to being spot on, I got a couple of questions:

What's the difference between build diaries and showcase your build? I'm guessing showcase is aimed at fully built pics.

Same with forum news and announcements? I like the way announcements is locked so no replies cluttering up the announcements, I was just wondering if news should become something like 'Forum Help, Suggestions and Feedback' where we can post requests or problems specifically with the forum and also we could put a thanks in there in response to any announcements which is the only downside of having announcements locked.

Apologies if I'm rambling, still early and trying to get going :lol:

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 pm 

Name:
Here is my little niggle/take on open forum supplier feed back and please read this as some one who does not get any feed back one way or another publicly so no axe to grind as such.
I have a customer who brought a chassis from me out side of ebay and paid a deposit through paypal, I brought the material with the deposit made the chassis and agreed balance of payment in cash on collection. The agreed weekend of collection came so I text him to ask a rough time to expect him,the reply was I can't get transport this after saying when he placed the order that he had it. His post code came up as being in side the London green zone so a no goer with my transit being a P plate diesel . Run down to the local car spares shop brought a roof rack and spent 3 hours modding it to fit the Saab (wife not happy this is what the truck is for after all!) Delivered the chassis and collected payment in cash which was £75 short. With no offer from him to pay for the cost of the petrol and now being £150 out of pocket I chased him for the remaining £75. I have since had texts and emails saying that the top front wishbones he has from Rallydesign don't fit the chassis and as they are 'locost' should fit of which he is adamant. I have pointed out that these are from Darren George @ GTS and are for the Panther but he still wants his £100 deposit back. He says that the chassis is not fit for purpose and not as described, so to recap he has a chassis worth £575 which he paid £475 (eventually) and now he wants £100 back.

So as you see with an open feed back forum for a companies products and customer service would his view of things said on a forum hurt future sales or would others see it from my point of view that if paypal side with him I will be £175 out of pocket and my reputation damaged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 pm 

Name:
So as you see with an open feed back forum for a companies products and customer service would his view of things said on a forum hurt future sales or would others see it from my point of view that if paypal side with him I will be £175 out of pocket and my reputation damaged?[/quote]

This is an area I was thinking about earlier this evening, I put it to Ronnie that it might be best the complaints/bitching is intercepted via the mod prior to posting. that way both sides get their say prior to a member slating a supplier. A mediation service if you like. Probably more work than the mods want :D just thoughts.

bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 pm 
Site Moderator

Name:
Firsly,
Phil I feel for you, certainly had my fair share of goons like that.
Last thing you need at this tough time.

Yes the matter of customer feedback was mentioned ( Thanks Bob )

Agreed there is no way I would like to see that section become a bitch fest.

Sadly at the expense of Phil, we have a prime example of what can go wrong , in this case the trader is in no way to blame.
Would be wrong to see a trader suffer negative comments in such a circumstance.

When I included the customer feedback section, I did so with the intention of it being a tool for members to leave positive comments on the quality goods & customer service given by listed traders.
This would give members new to the scene a good stating point when seeking sometimes expensive build parts.

Before the idea of trader feedback is abandoned, perhaps it would be prudent for all posts in that section go to moderators to await approval before it is publicly posted.
One concern I have is that it could smack of censure !?

I'll throw this one back for you chaps to discuss, stick with it or abandon the idea.

Ronnie :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 pm 

Name:
This below is at the top of the sales section on a forum I read.

NSRA Parts For Sale: Rules and Instructions - please read before postings ads
Disclaimer

By using this forum for selling or buying you are bound to abide by the following agreement:

The NSRA does not review every listing provided by forum users, and is not involved in transactions between buyers and sellers at all. The NSRA makes no assurances over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. Any disputes must be taken up with the seller only. Do not assume that the offer, sale, purchase, export or import of any item is valid and legal simply because it is listed on the NSRA forum.

The NSRA is not responsible for ensuring that buyers and sellers actually complete a transaction.
You accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you.

Buyer beware

Buyers are responsible for researching and/or checking items for sale, for condition, quality, legality, and fitness for purpose.

Disputes

All traders are expected to trade responsibly. If forum users have concerns about sellers or buyers, or if a dispute cannot be resolved between buyer and seller, users are asked to bring the matter to the attention of a forum moderator, or an NSRA committee member, via PM, email or phone. Any libelous forum postings will be removed.

Complaints that are not dealt with in a satisfactory manner, or transactions that are considered to be misleading, deliberate or otherwise, may result in you or your company being banned from posting on the forum.

The top of each section of classifieds has the first two posts with the rule clearly spelt out. It might be an idea to follow suite.

http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Bob

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Personally think its a case of trying it and closely monitoring it to see how it progresses, Phil's raised a very valid point and Bob's rules seem a good way to go.

That section should be for constructive comments and not a slagging off column. If there's any doubt about the content then it should be removed ASAP, Censure? A sensitive question and someone somewhere is always going to have a different opinion and disagree with whatever is done but I think its going to have to come down to common sense.

An approval might be wise for that section for a trial period at least to see how things go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
How about some sort of rating system that people can vote on and only have positive feedback on the forum but use a star rating for reliability and quality customer service etc maybe scored on a 1 to 5 happiness scale 1 being leave well alone 2 being difficult to deal with 3 being neither here nor there 4 being there ok and 5 being would recommend to the world

Then translate that into a star rating

Am no computer expert but how hard can it be