All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:51 pm 

Name:
Firstly i must say how jealous i am of you guys that are nearly reaching build completion...I have finally had to admit defeat. I have a 2 year old daughter with a major heart defect who has become the focus of our lives. Hence I am reluctantly selling the parts that have been gathering dust in my garage over the past few years, but i want them to go to a good home, and hopefully be of help to a builder at the same time.
What have i got??? In a nut shell anything and everything your likely to need from a donor sierra 2.0L including engine & electronics, gearbox, alloys and tyres, diff and drive shafts, suspension, steering rack, column and wheel plus loads of other bits. Ideally i'd like to get rid of everything as a job lot, so it would be an excellent starting point for a newbie. Everything has been stripped from the car and stored in the dry in my garage (with the exception of the diff/rear axle assembly) which has been under a tarpaulin. Collection would be from LN4 lincolnshire. As for a price i'm not really sure what this little lot is really worth (and i'm not out to make a killing) it just saddens me to see the bits sat there doing nothing. I was thinking around £650 for the lot - please tell me if i'm miles off the mark tho. I dont really want to list this stuff on ebay for someone to come along, split the lot and charge silly money for the individual bits. Wanted them to go to genuine builders.
Any questions or comments are gratefully received

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am 
Site Moderator

Name: Bruce
Hi there Darren, welcome to the forum and really sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm sure someone will be interested in that lot, you could also try on Locost and Haynes as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:56 pm 

Name:
thanks for your reply v8. I might check out the other forums too. i was hoping to have a stall on the auto jumble at this years newark kit car show but Matilda was ill so unfortunately couldnt make it. First time to miss it in a good number of years i must add. Newarks only 30mins away from me and its usually a good day out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:57 pm 
Site Moderator

Name: Dave
If I only had the space and was not planning a 280 mile move I would have made an offer but at the moment I cant make any major plans regards building another roadster

Best of luck with the sale and I hope little one the best

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:54 pm 

Name:
yes there quite a pile of stuff...shame your on the move. Think i'm gonna try and get some pictures so people can see what i've got